Clove Essential Oil is known for its antimicrobial, antifungal, antiseptic, antiviral, aphrodisiac, and stimulant properties. Apart from its positive effects in the field of dental care, it can also be used as a treatment for minor health concerns. Below are some of the most common uses of this plant oil:
- Digestive aid – Cloves possess beneficial properties that help relax the smooth muscle lining in your gastrointestinal tract. When used as an oil, it can aid in halting digestive problems, like nausea and vomiting.
- Skin care product – When applied topically, clove oil can help address skin problems like warts, acne, sagging skin, and wrinkles.
- Insect repellent – When used together with citrus essential oils, this plant oil can help ward insects away.
- Expectorant – Clove oil is also used to help ease respiratory problems, such as cough, colds, sinusitis, asthma, and tuberculosis. In fact, chewing on a clove bud is said to help sore throats.
- Antiseptic – It is applied topically to address fungal infections, wounds, and cuts. It is also a common treatment for athlete's foot.
- Perfume ingredient – Bud oil, with its strong and unique scent, is used in carnation, rose, and honeysuckle perfumes. It has a strong and unique scent.
- Flavoring agent – This is because of the oil's unique flavor and aroma.
- Soap ingredient – Clove oil is used in soaps not just for its fragrance, but also because of its relaxing and antiseptic qualities.
- Massage oil – It can be used to relieve pain and stress
Essential oils are for external use only
Most of the oils offered will never change. Oils may change on occasion though, or vary slightly between batches.
When applying any fragrance please consider that there are several factors which can affect the natural smell of your skin and, in turn, the way a scent smells on you. For instance, your mood, stress level, age, body chemistry, diet, and current medications may all alter the scents you wear. Similarly, factors such as dry or oily skin can even affect the amount of time a fragrance will last after being applied.